About Me

My photo
If who we are is what we do, then like most people, I am a mixed bag of personas. Writer, bookworm, friend, are what first come to mind. Equally apt would be potty mouth, dog walker, Guinness drinker, swimmer, storyteller, political animal, baker and proud Canadian. Mostly though, I consider myself simply insanely lucky to have a small posse of near and dear ones who put up with me and my curvy, creative, curly haired, opinionated self. I started this blog several years ago with the idea to challenge myself in a myriad of ways. Years in, despite the sporadic entries, I still like to muse about the absurdity of life, what inspires surprises and angers me, books and other entertainments, my menagerie, my travels and any other notion buzzing round in my head.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit

Happy St. Patrick's Day
My Irish is almost non existant, but that's my best attempt at it in the title. In honour of my Irish heritage, first and most importantly, my best wishes.

May God grant you always
A sunbeam to warm you
A moonbeam to charm you
A sheltering Angel
So nothing can harm you
Laughter to cheer you
Faithful friends near you
And whenever you pray
Heaven to hear you.

Now being the generous sort that I am, a gift or two for you(and one for me). Without fail, my favourite band is U2. Masters of reinvention, a social conscience, collaborators, citizens of the world and fabulously gifted artists all of them. Here, my favourite U2 song, recently released featuring Mary J Blige.

For those of you who have never been lucky enough to visit Ireland, you really should go. Its a wonderful place. In the meantime, a taste of the country for you.



Now, a gift for me. An Irish classic. A book that frequently sits on the list of best novel's ever written, Flann O'Brien's At Swim-Two-Birds. On the back cover of the copy I bought is a quote from Dylan Thomas. "This is just the book to give your sister if she's a loud, dirty, boozy girl". Now how could I resist.

If I could send you all a virtual pint of Guinness I would, but we all know Guinness doesn't travel well. In the meantime, take the best of the Irish with you today, good humour, generosity of spirit and the ability to enjoy life to the fullest.

Peace.
MB

No comments:

Post a Comment