About Me

My photo
If who we are is what we do, then like most people, I am a mixed bag of personas. Writer, bookworm, friend, are what first come to mind. Equally apt would be potty mouth, dog walker, Guinness drinker, swimmer, storyteller, political animal, baker and proud Canadian. Mostly though, I consider myself simply insanely lucky to have a small posse of near and dear ones who put up with me and my curvy, creative, curly haired, opinionated self. I started this blog several years ago with the idea to challenge myself in a myriad of ways. Years in, despite the sporadic entries, I still like to muse about the absurdity of life, what inspires surprises and angers me, books and other entertainments, my menagerie, my travels and any other notion buzzing round in my head.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happiness is....

At the risk of breaking my one and only New Year's resolution, I noted that when I got to the office today, many had opted to work from home. Hmmmm. I wonder why that could be. Hahaha. I'm in and I've a fairly long shopping list of things I need to get done, both creatively and otherwise, so for now, and as a mechanism to say something about me, here's a list.

I recently saw part of an interview Lenny Kravitz gave when last in Canada. Asked what inspires him musically, he said "Love". In that spirit, here is a list of things that make me happy... what I love:

  1. Murphy's head on my lap

  2. Toile

  3. The Canadian flag

  4. Serena Ryder's song Weak in the Knees

  5. Having a pedicure

  6. Being by the water

  7. All things chocolate

  8. Lint rollers

  9. Optimism

  10. Mechanical pencils

  11. Southern Accent on Markham St.

  12. When Mom called me Meesa

  13. Guinness

  14. The colour of my bedroom

  15. A fresh page to write on

  16. Earl Grey tea

  17. Connor's giggle

  18. Knitting

  19. Gremlins who leave notes for me

  20. Watching Murph jump off the end of a dock into the lake

  21. Mr. Strunk and Mr. White

  22. Time spent gabbing on Marc and Marco's couch

  23. Pictures of my father

  24. Mexican blue glass

  25. That I give a damn

  26. Ironing

  27. My monstrous clan

  28. Playing guess the animal

  29. Days spent in my pj's

  30. The Caring & Sharing program

  31. Curly hair

  32. Listening to Greg sing

  33. Differing points of view

  34. My tattoos

  35. Pages on Queen St.

  36. Being vegetarian

  37. The smell of lavender

  38. Knowing peace is possible

  39. Getting lost in a good book

  40. Red headed men

  41. That I am Autie MB

  42. Baking pies

  43. Finding the right words

  44. My cozy little abode

  45. Sunday morning crossword puzzles

  46. The change of seasons

  47. Pickle chiffon pie and giants who come in different sizes

  48. Laura in the gardening wagon

  49. Hydrangeas

  50. Girls with twinkle toes

Life is grand indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment