About Me

My photo
If who we are is what we do, then like most people, I am a mixed bag of personas. Writer, bookworm, friend, are what first come to mind. Equally apt would be potty mouth, dog walker, Guinness drinker, swimmer, storyteller, political animal, baker and proud Canadian. Mostly though, I consider myself simply insanely lucky to have a small posse of near and dear ones who put up with me and my curvy, creative, curly haired, opinionated self. I started this blog several years ago with the idea to challenge myself in a myriad of ways. Years in, despite the sporadic entries, I still like to muse about the absurdity of life, what inspires surprises and angers me, books and other entertainments, my menagerie, my travels and any other notion buzzing round in my head.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

UGH


Well it was bound to happen. I guess I can take some scant comfort in the fact that it’s early in the year, with time to recoup my losses. Life has officially gotten in the way of my projects and this past week has been a tough one. Studying for my project management certification, preparing for a key presentation at work, a birthday party and 2 nights out with friends for gossipy pints have undone most of the progress I made in weight loss.

To break down the last eight days in Bridget Jones speak:

Pints of Guinness drank – 8, but more likely 9
Cheesy breakfast burritos eaten while gabbing about politics and religion – 1
Glasses of lovely Australian Shiraz – 3
Hours spent analyzing and formatting data into spectacular colourful presentation slides – 30
Pieces of chocolate birthday cake consumed – 1
Nights spent socializing instead of studying – 3
On scale of one to ten stress level over pending exam this coming week – 12
Books read for pleasure – 0.5
Pounds regained – 5!!!

Audible sigh.

In the good news category, I have little time to do much else but study these next few days, so the chances of my doing more damage to project pudge are low. And, if the truth be told, despite stressing over my exam and working my ass off to wow my client at work I had a wonderfully entertaining few nights out and enjoyed celebrating my niece Maeve’s birthday.

So book reviews and posts may be a bit sparse this next week, but come Thursday we’ll be back to our prolific selves. All things in balance is I guess the best way to look at this past week. For, in the end, all I can do is persevere. Despite this setback, life is afterall pretty damn good.

1 comment: