About Me

My photo
If who we are is what we do, then like most people, I am a mixed bag of personas. Writer, bookworm, friend, are what first come to mind. Equally apt would be potty mouth, dog walker, Guinness drinker, swimmer, storyteller, political animal, baker and proud Canadian. Mostly though, I consider myself simply insanely lucky to have a small posse of near and dear ones who put up with me and my curvy, creative, curly haired, opinionated self. I started this blog several years ago with the idea to challenge myself in a myriad of ways. Years in, despite the sporadic entries, I still like to muse about the absurdity of life, what inspires surprises and angers me, books and other entertainments, my menagerie, my travels and any other notion buzzing round in my head.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Oh jeesh! The List

I almost forgot... the list. Yikes... Well I said I'm new at this, right?!!!

The Books
Wuthering Heights, Bronte
Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Eggers
The Age of Reason, Sartre
She’s Come Undone, Lamb
Farewell to Arms, Hemingway
The Golden Notebook, Lessing
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Smith
Madame Bovary, Flaubert
Master Pip, Jones
Me Talk Pretty Some Day, Sedaris
March, Brooks
The Elegance of the Hedgehoge, Burbary
Memoirs of My Melancholy Whores, Garcia Marquez
The Bell Jar, Plath
The Maytrees, Dillard
Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, Doyle
Colony of Unrequited Dreams, Johnston
Country Girls, O’Brien
Ulysses, Joyce
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Twain
The Stone Angel, Laurence
Great Expectations, Dickens
A Room of One’s Own, Woolf
Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage, Munro
A Passage to India, Forster
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Pirsig
On the Road, Keroac
A Fine Balance, Mistry
Paradise Lost, Milton
At Swim Two Birds, Flann O’Brien
Things Fall Apart, Achebe
Middlemarch, Eliot
Lovely Bones, Sebold
Late Nights on Air, Hay
Given Day, Lehane

Pretty good selection, eh??

4 comments:

  1. OMG ... I haven't read any of those books ... Now you've got me thinking about what to read this year too! Thanks alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ... Quite a list! Now you have me thinking of what I'm gonna read this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those I've read and they are really good, and some are on my book list for this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've looked at your lists and reading challenges this year. WOW. Impressive. I look forward to gabbing all things bookish with you and reading your reviews. Thanks for your comments so far.

    ReplyDelete